How To Enter
- All chocolates, drinks and spreads entered in the Awards must be available for retail.
- The fee for entering the awards is £50 for each bar entered and £45 for all other products. Bars submitted in retail packaging will be considered automatically for a Bar Packaging Award. All fees must be paid at the time of entry.
- If you are based outside the UK and wanting to submit fragile products with a short shelf life, such as filled chocolates and truffles, please bear in mind shipping times and possible delays when deciding whether to enter and how to ship your products.
STAGE 1: SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY
- Please select your product entries online and add to the shopping basket.
- While all products are judged blind, main flavours will be listed where relevant, the description entered will be available on request, and ingredient queries honoured with discretion.
- Multiple entries may be made in each category, but note that you will need to complete the detail for each product entered before starting afresh with the next product, whether in the same or a different category.
- Payment should be made at the time of entry preferably via PayPal (this permits the use most major credit cards, you need not be a PayPal member) or BACS. Please select the appropriate option at checkout.
- CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRY FORMS: Wednesday 31st January 2019
STAGE 2: SUBMITTING YOUR PRODUCT
All bars, boxes and containers must be labelled with the code number issued to you via email by the AoC. If you have not received a code number within 72 hours of payment/entry confirmation, please contact email@example.com
Products should be submitted to arrive after Monday 4th
February 2019 and no later than 12 noon on Monday 18th
February 2019. If sending from overseas, we understand arrival times are hard to determine, and would prefer you to allow plenty of time, even if this means delivery somewhat in advance of 4th February. Products received after 18th February will not be accepted unless in exceptional circumstances. Refunds will not be made.
Products should be sent to:
AoC Awards 2019, Samples for Judging, Westminster College, 76 Vincent Square, London, SW1P 2PD
We strongly recommend choosing a delivery method that permits tracking and confirmation of delivery.
Entries may be delivered by hand on the morning of Monday18th February.
- For each entry in the Bar categories please submit chocolate bars to a minimum total weight of 250g; if wishing to be considered for a packaging award, please submit a minimum of four wrapped bars.
- For each entry in the Filled Chocolates categories please submit 30 of each chocolate.
- For each entry in the Drinking Chocolate categories please submit 2 x 125g minimum weight of the ingredients for the chocolate drink, and include instructions for preparation.
- For each entry in the Chocolate Spreads categories please submit 2 jars or containers.
- For each entry in the Boxes Packaging category please submit 2 filled (not empty) samples of each entry; if you win an award, you will be allowed to display an Award sticker on the container.
- Please ensure that your products are fresh and carefully prepared.
- Please take great care with packaging and posting – damaged entries cannot be judged fairly.
- Please ensure that all boxes AND separate bars or trays are clearly labelled with your name and the code issued to you. All entries will be judged blind (but with flavours and other essentials cited) and identified to judges only by their code numbers.